HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone! Since we have entered a new year, it’s always good to check out the best and the most awesome stuff from 2015.
In this post, we check out the top 10 “#smashpoprates” cafe food in Kuala Lumpur.
Note that these are just food that were featured on @smashpop’s Instagram only. The rating is subjective, based on individual’s taste and preferences.
1. #smashpoprates 9/10: Loco Local: pancakes w coconut, caramelized banana, caramel ice cream & Gula Melaka syrup. Fluffy, addictive. 1 of the best I’ve tried. RM15.
2. #smashpoprates 9/10: Chargrilled chicken leg w mashed potato n corn salad. Super yummy omg! Perfect combo. RM18.
3. #smashpoprates 9/10: Pan-seared thick toasts w berries, pistachio & gula melaka. Gr8 texture n taste. Crunchy yet soft RM15
4. #smashpoprates 9/10: Classic Golden. Crunchy outside, fluffy inside. Very aromatic batter. Best waffle Ive tried in Malaysia to date. RM8
5. #smashpoprates 8.5/10: Croissant w turkey ham & gruyere cheese. Croissant is crunchy n fluffy. Very fragrant cheese. Ham is smoky. Yum! Kinda exp tho. RM16
6. #smashpoprates 8.5/10: Red rice, BBQ chicken, sausage, black beans & eggs. Very big portion. Unique combi of asian n western. RM20
7. #smashpoprates 8.5/10: Belgian waffles w sides of ice cream, berry jam, choc sauce & whipped cream. Great texture, nice to look at. RM11.9
8. #smashpoprates 8.5/10: The Dark Side: choc crepe w dark choc spread, orange caramel & icecream. So good, so yumz! Recommended. RM10
9. #smashpoprates 8.5/10: Pan seared chicken, capsicum, hashbrown & salad wrapped in chili flaked crepe. SO YUM! Must try. RM17
10. #smashpoprates 8.5/10: Twin fried portobello mushrooms, hashbrown, poached eggs, beef bacon & toast. Satisfying & yummy. Big portion. Best to share. RM24
So there you go! Follow @smashpop on Instagram for more awesome stuff.
If you have any other recommendations, do leave them in comments below 🙂